Participants learn how to effectively initiate, organise, develop and manage joint venture contracts within the international oil and gas sector, benefitting from real-life examples of this most popular form of collaborative arrangements.
The course provides detailed analysis of the benefits and risks of joint venture contracts, and teaches participants how to structure, negotiate and manage these agreements. It examines in detail the legal strategies behind joint ventures and other types of alliances, and how to maximise the long-term value from these relationships.
By Attending This Course You Will:
- Gain a thorough grounding on the legal and contractual aspects of joint ventures and enhance your contract negotiation skills
- Evaluate all joint venture strategies and be able to identify the right approach for your company
- Grasp the challenges of staffing and managing joint ventures involving different types of organisations and cultures
- Learn all of the processes of creating and successfully managing a joint venture
- Understand how to assess potential joint venture partners in order to minimise risk
Who Should Attend:
This course is suitable for a wide range of professionals in the oil and gas industry, government, finance and other organisations. This includes:
- Commercial and business development managers
- Executives and professionals involved in establishing and managing joint venture relationships
- In-house counsel and attorneys specialising in negotiating and managing international oil and gas agreements
- Consultants advising companies on emerging markets
- Executives of petroleum service companies and engineering firms considering direct participation in oil and gas production
Course Leader: J. Jay Park QC
- The Range of Collaborative Arrangements
- Joint Ventures in the Petroleum Industry
- Documents Creating the Joint Venture Relationship
- Host Government Contracts as Joint Ventures
- Key Provisions of Governing Agreements for Joint Ventures
- Incorporated vs. Unincorporated Joint Ventures
- Managing and Staffing Joint Ventures
- Joint Venture Accounting
- Special Issues for Foreign Operations
- Technology Issues in Joint Ventures
- Independent/Exclusive Operations: When Joint Ventures are not “Joint”
- Disposition of Joint Production
- Facilities Joint Ventures
- Downstream Joint Ventures
- JVs between State Oil Campanies
- Fiduciary Issues in Joint Ventures
- Addressing Divergent Interest of Joint Ventures Members
- Resolving Joint Ventures Disputes
- Conclusion: Key Success Factors in Joint Venture Relationships
Course Cost: £2,399
CWC Group Events:
As Iraq seeks increasing support from international oil, gas and service companies for economic development, Iraq Petroleum 2013 will host the largest gathering of over 300 senior level executives and industry experts from over 90 companies worldwide, providing an ideal forum to discuss these developments as well as the opportunity to network and build relationships.
The Iraq Mega Projects Conference & Exhibition is established as the leading forum for Iraq’s oilfield services industry and gathers over 1200 attendees as delegates, exhibitors and visitors. The event brings stakeholders from across the value chain together to identify project and infrastructure investment opportunities and showcase the latest technologies in oilfield production.
Following on the success of its launch, Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas will once again bring together senior representatives from the Iraqi and Kurdistan governments to enhance international investment in Iraq’s oil and gas industry, whilst offering the perfect platform to network and explore new business opportunities. The conference will gather prominent figures from the KRG and the Federal Iraqi Government as well as international industry leaders and politicians.