The course is specifically designed for those working in the oil and gas industry. The course is aligned with the PMI Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). It provides an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire project management life cycle, tools, techniques, knowledge areas and processes required to ensure successful project execution.
This practical training programme utilises a unique interactive simulation exercise of a complete oil & gas project throughout the duration of the course. Participants are able to put to the test the theoretical knowledge gained during the course. Learning is supported throughout with the use of industry specific case studies and e-Learning support.
*This course is based on 20/20 Business Insight’s ‘PMI Project Management Professional’ course.
The course will make use of oil & gas industry case studies to reinforce key areas of project management,
cases studies to include:
• Starting projects: Subsea 7- the importance of effective project start-up
• Project definition: Halliburton- understanding what is to be achieved, minimising rework & risk
• Risk: BP- the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and will retrospectively address what could and should have been identified and managed.
• Stakeholder Management: Shell- the importance of effective stakeholder engagement using Brent Spar example
• Leadership and Management in the Oil & Gas industry: OPITO- the key elements of management in the industry
• Project delivery systems: Wood Group – how properly constructed Project Management process delivery can improve efficiency
By Attending This Course You Will:
- Gain the project management skills, tools and techniques to ensure your project is executed on
time and within budget
- Understand the project management life cycle applicable to an oil and gas project:
- Project time
- Project cost
- Project monitoring
- Project risk
- Obtain 35 PMI PDUs
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for project managers, project team members, managers, and all those who would benefit from exposure to best practices in project management in the oil industry.
- Project managers
- Project team members
- Project support functions / personnel
- Team leaders
- Discipline leads
- Operation managers
Initiating the project
Project Scope Management
Project Time Management
Project Cost Management
Project Monitoring and Control
Project Risk Management
Project Quality Management
Project Communications Management
Project Procurement Management
Project HR Management
- PMI Exam Preparation
Course Leader: Calum Starke
Calum Starke began his career as a mechanical engineer before moving into business development roles culminating in board level roles such as national account director for global drinks giant Diageo, he then opted for a move in career direction to project related roles within a variety of sectors such as Digital Media Networks, Engineering and Finance.
Calum’s credentials include MAPM (Member of the Association of Project Management), CAPM (Certified Associate in Project management, MPMI (Member of the Project Management Institute), PMP (Project Management Professional), IQA (Internal Quality Auditor) and lecturer in M.Sc Project Management for The University of Aberdeen amongst other less formal qualifications.
Calum has spent the last 10 years developing and delivering project and leadership related training globally with a particular focus and interest within the energy sector working with clients such such as BP, Shell, Transocean,
Expro, Schlumberger, Siemens, Haliburton, Centrica, KOGAS, Technip, Subsea 7 and EON.
“Has a good capacity to explain dIfficult/complicated topics easily”
Min Woo Lee,