This course guides the participants through the Kurdistan region legal system, looking at the various different challenges and differences within Iraq’s main legal framework.
BY ATTENDING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Maximise your project revenues by fully understanding Kurdistan’s legal framework
- Achieve your commercial objectives by creating the right Kurdistan oil & gas business plan
- Understand all of the legal requirements to successfully implement your project in Kurdistan
- Analyse the different specific clauses of the Kurdistan PSC and its impact on projects
Who should attend?
Business development managers; Business planners; Commercial managers; Country managers: Legal counsels; Lawyers; Negotiators; Financiers.
Course Leader: J Jay Park QC & Deniz Kuban
- PSCs and Other Host Government Contracts
- Underlying Components of the Legal Regime
- Key Elements of Production Sharing Contracts
- Review of Sample Production Sharing Contracts: International Case Studies
- Award Systems
- Fostering Investment: The Role of the Legal Climate
- Economic Features of PSCs
- Dispute Resolution in PSCs
Course Cost: £2,399
CWC Group Events
As Iraq seeks increasing support from international oil, gas and service companies for economic development, Iraq Petroleum 2013 will host the largest gathering of over 300 senior level executives and industry experts from over 90 companies worldwide, providing an ideal forum to discuss these developments as well as the opportunity to network and build relationships.
The Iraq Mega Projects Conference & Exhibition is established as the leading forum for Iraq’s oilfield services industry and gathers over 1200 attendees as delegates, exhibitors and visitors. The event brings stakeholders from across the value chain together to identify project and infrastructure investment opportunities and showcase the latest technologies in oilfield production.
Following on the success of its launch, Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas will once again bring together senior representatives from the Iraqi and Kurdistan governments to enhance international investment in Iraq’s oil and gas industry, whilst offering the perfect platform to network and explore new business opportunities. The conference will gather prominent figures from the KRG and the Federal Iraqi Government as well as international industry leaders and politicians.