Alia Fakim (+44 20 7978 0085)
MORE INFORMATIONDownload PDF
GET IN TOUCHEnquire
SECURE YOUR PLACEBook Online
The course is specifically designed for those working in the oil and gas industry and is aligned with the PMI Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). It provides an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire project management life cycle, tools, techniques, knowledge areas and processes required to ensure successful project execution.
This practical training programme utilises a unique interactive simulation exercise of a complete oil & gas project throughout the duration of the course. Learning is supported throughout with the use of industry specific case studies and e-Learning support.
*This course is based on 20/20 Business Insight’s ‘PMI Project Management Professional’ course.
- Starting projects: Subsea 7- the importance of effective project start-up
- Project definition: Halliburton- understanding what is to be achieved, minimising rework & risk
- Risk: BP- the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and will retrospectively address what could and should have been identified and managed
- Stakeholder Management: Shell- the importance of effective stakeholder engagement using Brent Spar example
- Leadership and Management in the Oil & Gas industry: OPITO- the key elements of management in the industry
- Project delivery systems: Wood Group – how properly constructed Project Management process delivery can improve efficiency
By Attending This Course You Will:
- Gain the project management skills, tools and techniques to ensure your project is executed on time and within budget
- Understand the project management life cycle applicable to an oil and gas project – project time, cost, monitoring and risk
- Obtain 35 PMI PDUs
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for project managers, project team members, managers, and all those who would benefit from exposure to best practices in project management in the oil industry, such as:
- Project support functions / personnel
- Team leaders
- Discipline leads
- Operation managers
Munther Mahsoub is experienced in the field of programme and project management. He was the Corporate Programme Manager at the NCR, the global leader in transaction services, where he led multi-functional global teams. He has also successfully managed projects for the Abu Dhabi Government Standards and the Al-Inma Bank in the Middle East.
Munther’s credentials include PMP (Project Management Professional), PMI (Member of the Project Management Institute), APM (Member of the Association for Project Management), IET (Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology), P2P (Prince2 Practitioner) and also has a Doctorate in Satellite Communication.
As a Senior Project Management Facilitator he has developed and delivered project management and project controls related trainings globally with a particular focus and interest within the energy sector working for BP, Centrica, Technip, Siemens, AMEC, Wood Group, Weir Group, Novia, Cape PLC and the University of Dundee.
- Initiating the project
- Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project HR Management
- PMI Exam Preparation
Course Cost: £3,399 + VAT
17 (Monday) - 21 (Friday)